1) Painted or Plain? If you want enamel on your coin you'll need to decide on hard or soft enamel. Soft is cheaper.
2) One Sided Or Two Sided? It sounds a bit odd, but people do order one sided coins. Obviously, the one-sided reduces your setup costs a bit.
3) Electroplate Finish. In layman's terms you'd call this bronze, silver or gold. In our world we call it electroplating. This is the chemical bath process that changes the colour of the base metal.
4) Edge Style: Choose from 6 different edge styles. Add $0.60 per coin for fancy edges.
We can custom manufacture challenge coins at any quantity. Our price list starts at 25pc. Be aware that setup fees for any sized order start around $250. This is due to the fact the the "tooling" or mold and trimming die, requires about 10 hours to manufacture.
There are three parts to any commemorative coin order.
- Set Up Fee: Most coins are two sided. Expect to pay around $150-250 for a setup fee regardless of the quantity.
- Unit Price: The price you pay per coin.
- Less Than Minimum Fee: If you order less than 50pc
The important thing to understand is it's almost cheaper to order 50pc. We'd rather sell you coins than setup fees.