1) Painted or Plain? If you want enamel on your coin you'll need to decide on hard or soft enamel. Soft is cheaper.
2) One Sided Or Two Sided? It sounds a bit odd, but people do order one sided coins. Obviously, the one-sided reduces your setup costs a bit.
3) Electroplate Finish. In layman's terms you'd call this bronze, silver or gold. In our world we call it electroplating. This is the chemical bath process that changes the colour of the base metal.
4) Edge Style: Choose from 6 different edge styles. Add $0.60 per coin for fancy edges.
We can custom manufacture challenge coins at any quantity. We prefer an order of 30pc. The price will be the same for 2 coins as it will 30pc. This is due to the fact the the "tooling" or mold and trimming die, requires about 10 hours to manufacture.
We can make coins in any size you want. Price breaks are offered in .25" increments. Most orders we process are 1.25-1.75" in diameter.
There are three parts to any commemorative coin order.
- Set Up Fee: Most coins are two sided. Expect to pay around $150-250 for a setup fee regardless of the quantity.
- Unit Price: The price you pay per coin.
- Less Than Minimum Fee: If you order less than 50pc
The important thing to understand is it's almost cheaper to order 50pc. We'd rather sell you coins than setup fees.